Monday, April 7, 2014

Time with the Littles.

I have several friends who are little people.  I don't mean they are adults afflicted with dwarfism, although I know that dwarfs sometimes refer to themselves as 'little people'.  However, in my case, the little people who are my friends are the children of my adult friends.  These five little girls and two little boys call me Auntie, and their little hugs are one of the treats of going to one of my friends' homes.  

They often help ease the sadness that my adorable little grandson is three hours away.  When I need a 'kid fix', I'll go visit a friend and be introduced to one little sweetheart's entire Tinkerbell collection.  Or see how fast one little buddy can 'drive' a Hotwheels car.  Or watch my two other little friends quote whole scenes from their latest favorite Disney movie, each taking the part of a different princess.  

Today, I got to watch three of my little friends for the day.  Their daddy had to go to work, and mommy is out of town, so I got some Auntie time with them.  Today was rainy, so unfortunately, going to the playground, as I had planned wasn't an option.  It ended up being a day full of at-home fun.  Curled up on the couch with a little friend on each side, and one on my lap, watching movies, reading books, popcorn for a snack, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and milk for lunch.  

Their energy and chatter and affection has effectively worn me out, and it was a long day.  But it was such a joy to spend the day so simply, and with such sweet little friends.  

Now I'm going to go take a nap.  

No comments:

Post a Comment