Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Road Trip!!

Coming home from Darling's brother's house was a long drive.  They live three states away, and Darling Husband had to be in class in the evening, so that meant getting up incredibly early to have time to drive the whole way in time for Darling to get to school.

But road trips with my husband are always an adventure. Immediately, upon getting into the car, he told me to 'go back to sleep'.  I'm grateful that he knows me well enough to know I'm no morning person.  He even once bought me a fuzzy, fleece blanket the same color as my car which lives in my car, just for road trips.  It came with a matching pillow.  It sure does make napping in the car much nicer.

Once I woke up, he was stopping for gas....and found a gas station near a Starbucks so I could get my caffeine shot for the morning!  As much as he dislikes coffee, it always stands out as a meaningful 'I love you' when he stops at a Starbucks for me.

On the way home, we drove in rain and sunshine.  We drove in traffic and on empty roads.  We both drove.  We both slept.  We talked about the business conference, and our goals for our business.  We talked about our family, and our dreams for our future.  We talked about moving and work and books and music, a little of everything and a little of nothing.

And I realized once again why I love road trips with my Darling Husband so much.  Simply because I love spending time with him, and on a road trip, we have essentially no one else in the world but the two of us.  And THAT is a great joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment