Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Music City

We were away for the weekend, and as per my usual style, I forgot something I had meant to take.  This time, it was my laptop.  So  I'll try to catch up all the wonderful things that happened over the weekend, because I wouldn't want you to have missed it!

One of the friends we were traveling with has always wanted to go to Nashville, so on our way to our destination, we made a detour.  It wasn't a very LONG detour, just a few hours.  We mostly drove past the places she plans to come back and visit at a later date.  But there were a few highlights.

One highlight was our waiter.  We stopped for lunch, and our waiter at the restaurant was...well, he was worth the price of admission!  He had long, mutton chop sideburns, an over-the-top showman, friendly kind of attitude, and an loud, boisterous, ADHD kind of demeanor.  Think friendly, talkative, rockabilly redneck Elvis...with too much caffeine.  I hope you're laughing.  If I've described him correctly, you got the picture, and you're laughing.  He definitely made eating at a chain restaurant we've been to several times an unforgettable experience.

Once we had eaten lunch, we began wandering Nashville a bit.  It is far more fast-paced than I had expected, but so very friendly.  We saw some absolutely amazing homes, a famous restaurant (which wasn't open, or we would have missed Elvis and eaten there.), a gorgeous park which had a scale replica of the Parthenon in Greece, and more cowboy boots in one afternoon than I have probably seen in the entire previous year.

All in all, Nashville was great.  Kind of 'New York City, gone country'...and it was a joy to finally visit.  I would definitely go back for a longer visit, if I ever get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment