Monday, April 14, 2014

Easy Like Sunday Morning

Yesterday was Sunday.  Generally, this means getting up for church, and I love our church.  It is encouraging, warm, uplifting place to be.  And don't we all need more of those?

But yesterday, we both accidentally slept in and missed the service.  So when I woke up, Darling husband was already hard at work with weekend homework and projects for school.  I spent the day puttering.  I read.  I made a pot of chili.  I read some more.  I did a load of laundry.  I read some more.  I took a nap.  I read some more....It was an entire day of 'nothing pressing to do, and nowhere to go'.  Those don't really happen often in most cases, so it was a real treat.

And much like putting a cel phone or a laptop on the charger overnight, a day of 'unplugged' was just what I needed to recharge and be ready for my week when I woke up today.  It was such a joy to just take a recharging day.

Now, on with the week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment