Saturday, April 5, 2014

As Long As I'm Living......

I love technology.  In a perfect world, I suppose I could be Amish and live completely without it just fine.  Ok, maybe I'd still want electricity.  But the computer, the social networks, the constant barrage of information, wanted and unwanted, the inability to ever really have any solitude....it sometimes wears a person down.  So, in a perfect world, my kids would live down the street from me.  My brother, sister, nieces, nephews, aunts and uncles, all so beloved would live in the same tiny town somewhere, where I could see them and love them every single day.

But this is not a perfect world, and so the child that lives closest to me is 45 minutes away.  Another is three hours away.  The last is half way across the continent.  So I love the technology that keeps us connected, and allows me to still be a part of their lives, no matter where they are.

I got to talk to My Son via a chat on our favorite social media site.  And he asked me to do him a favor that dealt with some of his business still here in our local area.  It was a simple enough favor, took very little time, and I was happy to do it, so he wouldn't have to think about it.

And that was my joy for the day...getting to talk to one of my kids for a nice long chat, and do something for him that any mother would do.  Because, just like the story book said, when they were little...

I'll love you forever.
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.

They may not be babies anymore, but being their mom is an everyday joy to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment