Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Adventures in Babysitting

This morning I got to watch two of my favorite littles.  Kade and Jessa are my best friends kids, and they are five and two.  It is always so much fun to play with them and talk to them.  The world is so bright and new and amazing when you're a preschooler.

Today, they decided they would like to watch movies.  I agreed.  After all, it is the middle of the summer here on the East Coast, and sweltering outside.  So they rummaged through my stack of DVDs for 'the perfect movie'.

We decided to watch Prince of Egypt.  It was always one of my favorites when my kids were growing up, so I enjoyed it as much as they did.  One of my favorite parts, tho, was watching Kade's face as he watched the movie.

When the Israelites crossed the Red Sea on dry ground, his eyes got huge.  When Moses raised his staff and lightning struck it, and began swirling the water, he leaned over the arm of the couch in rapt attention.  But when the Egyptian army drowned in the collapsing Red Sea as the Israelites looked on in awe, his reaction was the best.

With an equally awed tone in his little voice, he whispered, "Woah...."

Woah, indeed, Kade.

Thank you, Kade for renewing the wonder of a well-known story, and for sharing my morning with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment